Wednesday 24 February 2010

Hanke looks for GB boost with Spanish move

Randall Hanke has completed his move from Glasgow Rocks to Spanish league club Socas Canarias Tenerife with the Great Britain international claiming the decision to quit the BBL was a no-brainer.

The 6'11" centre, who has signed a three-month deal with the LEB Oro side, has revealed that his switch has the backing of GB coach Chris Finch.

And Hanke is now hoping his stint in Spain will solidify his place in the national squad for this summer's European qualifiers.

"I wanted to go there because my goal is to test myself at the highest level in Europe and this is a step closer," the New York-born rookie said.

"I had a one-week trial with Burgos earlier this season but this is a chance for me to have a proper chunk of time there. But it will be a challenge and I have to step up."

Hanke averaged 8.2 points and 3.7 rebounds in his brief stay in Glasgow.

"It's hard to leave a great situation but I couldn't pass this up," he added.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment