Friday 19 March 2010

Rob Yanders: Season could be over

Glasgow Rocks captain Rob Yanders has admitted he faces a battle to be fit in time for the BBL play-offs after being ruled out for at least another month.

The American, who has already missed the side’s last four games, underwent further tests on his injured shoulder yesterday.

And doctors have warned the point guard that his season might be over if he fails to recover quickly.

Yanders said: “The X-rays showed up damage to my shoulder, chest and ribs. They’ve said it’s now going to be a minimum of four weeks but I could be done for the year.

“It’s not because of the pain. They don’t want me to rush back in case I suffer permanent damage. The doctor says I’m a fast healer and I’m getting treatment every day. In my own mind, I want to be fit and prepared for the play-offs so I’m just hoping the guys can keep hold of that top-three spot without me.”

.

No comments:

Post a Comment