Wednesday 28 April 2010

Chris Finch savours D-League title

Great Britain coach Chris Finch has guided the Rio Grande Vipers to the NBA D-League Championship in his first season at the helm.

The Texas-based team, operated by the Houston Rockets, beat the Tulsa 66ers 94-91 on Tuesday to win the series 2-0. The victory is expected to further raise Finch's stock and justifies his decision to quit the Belgian League last summer to return to the USA.

And the ex-Sheffield boss believes he has improved for the experience.

"This year has been about expanding my basketball knowledge," he said. "Me and my staff in the NBA D-League have a had the chance to have several NBA players on our team, and being able to integrate their experience into the European game I'm used to coaching has given me great perspective.

"NBA D-League and NBA basketball is much more game intensive, rather than preparation intensive, and I've actually grown as an in-game coach.There are more timeouts, I have more control of the game. I'm a better in-game coach than I have been before."



.

No comments:

Post a Comment