Thursday 17 June 2010

Ryan Richards remains in the NBA Draft

Great Britain prospect Ryan Richards has decided to throw his hat into the ring for the NBA. But will anyone play catch?

The Kent-born forward has opted not to withdraw his name from next week's NBA Draft after receiving praise for his workouts over the past month, meaning he will one of those waiting to hear if he is chosen in the annual selection-fest at Madison Square Garden in New York.

48 players who had declared as early entry candidates for the Draft have withdrawn, the league confirmed following the deadline.

Richards, who spent time on loan from Gran Canaria in the Swiss League last season, was considered a long-shot when he arrived at the NBA's pre-Draft camp in Chicago but earned rave reviews. He subsequently worked out for a number of teams, including Memphis, Minnesota, Utah and Golden State, but is likely to be told to gain further experience in Europe if chosen, despite stating he wants to remain in North America.

He said: “I’ve played in quite a few leagues in Europe, I’ve been around a lot of people that could have been in the league but they stayed in Europe, that played in the D-league, that played in college and from what I’ve hear and just from what I’ve seen and (when) I’ve worked out with other players I think that I’m ready to do it now.”



.

No comments:

Post a Comment