Friday 14 May 2010

McKnight taking time out to decide on Heat return

Chad McKnight has admitted that he is still undecided whether to return to Guildford Heat next season as a player after being sacked from his position as coach after just one season.

The American, who took the Surrey side to their worst-ever finish in the BBL, lost his job amid discontent behind the scenes with one player commenting that “there was just indiscipline everywhere.”

McKnight concedes that he had a tough learning curve in the job but will now take time to assess his future after the club's owners hinted they would offer the veteran forward an on-court job.

“I’ve not made up my mind about what I’ll do,” he said. “It was a difficult transition to go from player to coach but the reverse, going back, would be less difficult.

“I would have liked to have had one more season to see how it went because I had to learn how to think differently about my role and that takes a while.”

It is understood both Julius Joseph and Mike Martin have ruled themselves out of the running to succeed McKnight.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment